Our heartiest congratulations to the following Fellows who had been bestowed with various prestigious honours and awards by the respective professional institutions and organisations.
Chua Chong Keng
- Distinguished Engineering Alumni Award conferred by the National University of Singapore for his significant contributions to the development of the land transport and Rapid Transit Systems in Singapore.
- Alumni Achievement Award conferred by the Nanyang Technological University for his outstanding career and key contributions in urban land transport infrastructure development and management in Singapore.
Er Meng Hwa
- Doctor of Engineering (honoris causa) conferred by the University of Newcastle, Australia in recognition of his illustrious list of achievements and his contributions to his field.
Lim Chwee Teck
- Inaugural NUSS Professorship conferred by the NUS Society in recognition of his outstanding scholarship and international leadership in the area of Biomedical Engineering.
Lee Jim Yang
- The Public Administration Medal (Bronze) conferred by the Government of Singapore for his excellent stewardship of the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering and his achievements as an internationally recognised highly cited researcher.
- Highly Cited Researcher 2017 by Clarivate Analytics for ranking in the top 1% by citations for field and publication year in Clarivate’s Web of Science database.
Tan Thiam Soon
- The Public Administration Medal (Gold) conferred by the Government of Singapore for his contributions in overseeing the establishment of Singapore Institute of Technology as a new Autonomous University pioneering applied learning pathways for students and working adults.
Wang Chien Ming
- Special Mention Award conferred at the Minister for National Development’s R&D Awards for innovation in developing a modular floating wetlands system with unique interlocking solution, and creating freshwater-tolerant mangroves along the Waterway@Punggol to optimise space and improve liveability using urban greenery.