Our heartiest congratulations to the following Fellows who had been bestowed with various prestigious honours and awards by the respective professional institutions and organisations.
- The Public Administration Medal (Gold) conferred by the Government of Singapore in recognition of his outstanding contributions to nation-building.
Cham Tao Soon
- Lifetime Engineering Achievement Award presented by the Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES) for his contributions in advancing the profession and Singapore’s development.
Neal Chung Tai-Shung
- Distinction Award in Water Reuse and Conservation conferred by the International Desalination Association (IDA) for his exceptional contributions to the development and implementation of landmark water reuse projects, and the advancement of technology and applied science in the field of water reuse and conservation.
Er Meng Hwa
- Honoured among 126 world’s most influential engineers in a newly launched exhibition at the London headquarters of Britain’s Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- Alumni Medal for Professional Excellence 2016 awarded by the University of Newcastle, Australia in recognition of an outstanding record of professional excellence in leadership, knowledge and professional practice.
Lau Joo Ming
- MND Dedicated Service Award (10 years) presented by Singapore’s Ministry of National Development (MND) for his dedicated honorary service to the Ministry and its agencies.
Lim Chwee Teck
- IAMBE Fellow conferred by the International Academy of Medical and Biological Engineering (IAMBE) for his outstanding contributions to the profession of medical and biological engineering.
- ASEAN Outstanding Engineering Achievement Award presented by the ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organisation in recognition of his outstanding biomedical engineering achievements within the ASEAN countries.
- IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award conferred by the Institution of Engineers, Singapore for his engineering achievement that demonstrate outstanding engineering skills which have made a significant contribution to the engineering progress and the quality of life in Singapore.
- Asian Scientist 100 conferred by Asian Scientist Magazine in recognition of his scientific awards and breakthroughs that put in among Asia’s top 100 scientists.
Lim Soon Hock
- 2016 Outstanding Court Volunteer Award (Open Category) accorded by the State Courts for his outstanding commitment and dedication as a volunteer mediator for Magistrate Complaints since 2013, having spent more than 25 years in public and community service.
- IEEE Fellow awarded by the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) for his leadership in defense technology and management of educational institutions.
- Public Administration Medal (Silver) conferred by the Government of Singapore in recognition of his outstanding contributions to nation-building.